Torch Volts are zero

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
idiaz
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Torch Volts are zero

Post by idiaz »

Hello everyone! Hope you doing great.

I'm having troubles with my THC. The volts at torch are zero even when cutting and I don't have idea why it is not measuring any data.
Do you have idea what's going on?
I have a Arclight ArcPro 9600, Mach3 and a my plasma machine is a Hypertherm 105 Amps. 100 PSI of air pressure.

Hope you can help me out.
weldguy
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torch Volts are zero

Post by weldguy »

Did it read torch volts before or is this a new setup?

I would get a multimeter and check for voltage at the 2 wires that bring the torch voltage to your controller. Have you checked that out?
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torch Volts are zero

Post by tcaudle »

The Arclight ArcPro used a PWN module at the plasma to read the divided (analog) voltage out of the Hypertherm and convert it to a digital signal for the DTHC to handle. It can be:

1. No divided volts getting front he plasma . As stated fire the torch int he air and measure the voltage at the stereo plug inot the PWM. Disconnect and measure from the TIP (+) to the next ring with the torch fired, Should be about 3.2 volts. If that is okay then go to step 2 If its not then check the cable (uses pins 5 and 6 on the MIC cable ) Yoi can check at the CPC connector on pins 5 and 6 but you wil have to fire the torch sign the two START pins on that connector. Get our manual of the Support / manuals page for the MACH series DTHC and those connectors are shown.

2. Before you plug the stereo plug back in turn the PWM over and find the Volts test recessed push button and press it. Depending on the PWM model it will either false a test light and send a SIMULATED digiatl voltage tot he DTHC to display (125 to 126VDC) or you may have to hold the test button down on later models of PWMII

3. If you get a valid test from PWM it has to be incoming volts from the plasma .

4. If you get voltage at volts in 1 above but noting on the test s then its either the PWM module, connection cable (back to the DTHC jack) or the DTHC.

Of course with zero volts the THC tries to Raise the volts by raising the torch so it climbs out of the cut or errors off for voltage out of range
You can get direct help on our Support Forum at www.CandCNC.com. All Arclight controls were CandCNC unitl 2022. Now it's a wild mix of different electronics, software and methods.

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”