Detroit Oxy/Act torch DHC2000

All topics related to mig welding, tig welding, spot welders, flame cutting, etc.
bLouChipBlacksmith
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Detroit Oxy/Act torch DHC2000

Post by bLouChipBlacksmith »

I just returned from PRI trade show; saw a demo of the subject torch, WOW. https://detroittorch.com/
It seems to be a nice unit for welding and cutting, small gauge mostly, but demo'd to cut 0.500" too.
Very small kerf, maybe < 1mm.
$600 unit includes all the accessories and various tips.
It's tempting. Just wondering if anyone has experience with one and can comment on it.
PlasmaDon
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Detroit Oxy/Act torch DHC2000

Post by PlasmaDon »

Looks like the Dillon torch.
Ain't gonna put it on a table.
kicktillmonday
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by kicktillmonday »

Kind of cool. Looks like a handle from an old pneumatic drill modified to be a cutting torch. Would be handy for certain things but hands are pretty close to the flame and work area.
DIY 4x8 table
Powermax 65
bLouChipBlacksmith
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

The tip I saw demo'd had a small flame/cone, about the size of harris #1 welding tip, or #00 cutting tip. Only 4psi on oxy and act. He did bump the the oxy to 6psi for cutting 1/2" bar. Same tips weld and cut, only diff is for cutting < 1/4" you push the torch at 45 or lower angle because oxy cutting is from a second tip located under the main flame, over 1/4" you drag the torch as second tip is move to extending from above the flame and a more vertical angle is used to drag torch. Due to the low pressures and small flame, not a lot of heat going on. The gun torch seemed easy to handle, I'm not even sure the guy wore gloves, I recall he lit without gloves.
PlasmaDon
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by PlasmaDon »

bLouChipBlacksmith
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

@PlasmaDon- yes, agreed, looks like the same unit. The show price was $600 for the Pro kit. I'm temped to try it, but you need low pressure oxy regulator to dial it in most likely, so break out another $200.

Return to “Mig Welders, Tig Welders, Spot Welders”