Mach3 Plasma ScreenSet

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Mach3 Plasma ScreenSet

Post by tcaudle »

There is a lot to building a Rotary axis interface for MACH if you want to actually cut with it. Adding another axis , axis DRO and the jog buttons is trivial BUT making it so you don't have to stop , recalculate the steps per unit for each diameter of pipe and modify things like touch off and THC functions can get complex. I suggest if its pipe/tube cutting you are after you investigate the SheetCAM Rotary Plasma plugin that does the math for you and will even let you cut sqaure and rectangular stock.
weldguy
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Thanks for the info Tom, I wasn't aware Sheetcam had a rotary plugin.
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

FabLab
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by FabLab »

tim7878 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:59 am hey, love the screen. really clean. anybody here know of a mach3 screen set for plasma with a 4th rotary axis? ive tried modifying the mach screen but its just honestly a little beyond me. i am happy with just the basic mach3 plasma screen, i just need the rotary axis. thx.
Hey,
I don't have anything at the moment but I'll be happy to take a look it should be pretty easy to modify my current screenset.

It may take a week or two though I recently switched from Mach 3 to a Masso so I will need to fire up my Mach 3 PC to do the edits.

Do want all 4 DRO's (X Y Z & A) or would you like 1 of the DRO's replaced? If so which one?

For some reason I was unable to reply to your PM
FabLab
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by FabLab »

I have added the requested 4th axis changes (new attachment to my original post)

As I said before I have switched to a Masso (and I don't have a 4th axis) so I was not able to test the changes but they should work.

Let me know if it doesn't work & I will take another look at it
tassleholf98
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by tassleholf98 »

rrossetti wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:27 am
FabLab wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:15 pm
rrossetti wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:39 pm what is saw cut?
What I am working on with that is whenever you hit that button a series of prompts will come up asking for X-Y coordinates and a feed rate in order to cut free the waste material and leave me with straight cut drops...

Hope that makes sense
so you mean rip cut
i can send you the macro if you like
Hi
Would it be possible for you to send me the macro for the rip cut.
I am fairly new to plasma cutting on a table and didn't even know you could change the screens or add macros , I am loving the mach3 software and would like to learn more.
Thanks
FabLab
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by FabLab »

Sorry, I never finished the "rip cut" option and I have switched from Mach3 to MASSO so I don't have access to the macro anymore..
tassleholf98
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by tassleholf98 »

Ok thank you

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”