TM2 4x8 Cut issue

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
eckcotech
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

TM2 4x8 Cut issue

Post by eckcotech »

Hey all,

I recently setup my TM2 4x8 table and am starting to do some cutting. unfortunately I have discovered an issue (didn't notice it on thinner material) that I need to get resolved.

I am now trying to cut some brackets out of 3/16" and I notice a very pronounced bevel all around the part. it looks something like this......
bad.jpg
As you can imagine, this makes bolt holes look ridiculous. any ideas on what can be causing this? I checked the table level, torch level, and looked for any slop in the gears or moment of the table and didn't notice any.
eckcotech
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: TM2 4x8 Cut issue

Post by eckcotech »

I figured out part of my issue here. I replaced the consumables and cut quality straightened out pretty good and the bevel is even on all sides now.

I am still getting a very cone shaped hole however. I did slow the program down and lower the cutting height to almost touching and I still see the cone shaped holes.

I am cutting 3/16 (7 Ga. Actually) and trying to create a 7/32" hole. I know this is cutting it close on the 1.5x the metal thickness for holes rule but I would think I could get a better hole then I am getting.

Any thoughts?
sodfarmer
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: TM2 4x8 Cut issue

Post by sodfarmer »

Can you lock your cut height during the cutting of the hole? What I mean is that if you have torch height, disable it so that it doesn't change after it pierces and it stays at the cut height. I know when I cut my holes that makes a big difference. Just a thought.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”