post processor

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
14u2cnc
1 Star Elite Contributing Member
1 Star Elite Contributing Member

post processor

Post by 14u2cnc »

Hi all,

I am having difficulty finding a post processor for my table. The table is an old Precision Cutting Systems Easy Loader table manufactured in Calgary Alberta. Its 2x2 and connected to a Hypertherm 1000 M3 plasma.

I have been unable to contact the manufacture as I think they are no longer in business. I have downloaded the Sheetcam demo version to see if I can make this work before purchasing a licence version. I also have an older version of Mach 3 and a program called LazyCam which is no longer a supported program hence why I am trying SheetCam.

Thank you for your help in advance. Great site for learning.
LDR 5x10 table
Hypertherm PM 85
Sterling Cool Plasma Juice
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: post processor

Post by acourtjester »

You should be able to find a post processor the works I would make a ink pen holder that attaches to your torch. And start with a simple post like Mach 3 plasma and run a simple drawing through sheetcam like a square and circle. this will help as it will help with the table movement and check calibrations of the axis with out wasting metal. Don't worry about the pierce operation just move the pen down to touch the paper and zero out the DRO's and run your routine. Both sheetcam and mach demos are very helpful but limit the number of lines you can have in a .TAP file and you cannot use a THC. To make it real simple in sheetcam create a rotary tool and use that in the operation and set a depth of cut of.005" that way it will draw you square with pushing the pen down .005" on the paper. Plenty of guys here to help you out just ask but try to give enough info so other will understand what and how you are doing things.
have fun
Tom
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

You need to buy a SheetCam Lic. Les is awesome at writing a post processor for your table. He did one for me about 12-13 years ago.. It was one for WinCnc. Still there to this day.. Best money spent in all of the CNC Plasma world. (IMO and many others too)
chasxjs
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by chasxjs »

Les at Sheetcam is great. If you don't find on right away, he can likely point you in the right direction to one that is already made.
Charles
Shopsmith Lathe
Multiple saws, welders, etc.

Return to “SheetCam”