Hello World - test cuts using new LDR Motion Systems table

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Diesel
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Hello World - test cuts using new LDR Motion Systems table

Post by Diesel »

Nice!
I'll have to give that a try - thanks!

I just came in from the shop after cutting another full 4x8 sheet of 1/4" @ 65A.
It's amazing what you can do when you feed SheetCAM with better quality .DXF's... :)

DTHC appears to be working flawlessly. The only hiccup I had was when SheetCAM decided to chain together two parts...the DTHC did not turn on for the second part. Luckily I caught this quickly. I could hear the difference in the cut and then glanced at the screen - sure enough...DTHC was disabled. Good thing you can turn it on in the middle of a cut.

Thanks to all for your insight thus far - it sure is a hoot watching the gantry make your ideas come to life!

Cheers,

Matt
Custom LDR Motion Systems 5x10 table w/ rotary axis and scribe
Hypertherm Powermax85
Quincy 325 compressor
Ingersoll Rand D18IN refrigerated air dryer
Millermatic 251 MIG
Everlast PowerPro 256 TIG/stick/plasma w/ water cooler
dhelfter
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by dhelfter »

Matt,
When you define your operation in sheetcam, there is a spot to tell it chain distance. If you put 0 in there it will never combine to paths. If the start points are "x" distance from each other and is an outside contour method sheetcam will join them. The reason dthc was off is because we have the rule "end of cut" always on. This shuts dthc off before the end of cut. What happened was sheetcam turned dthc off right before the end of the first profile, then because there was no second pierce, there was no code to turn it back on.

Thanks
Dan
LDR
Diesel
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Diesel »

Thanks, Dan!
I'll have to set that to zero from now on.
It only saved me one pierce. Ha!

As soon as it happened I knew something was amiss. Then after I chased down a few tip ups, I zoomed into the toolpath and there it was!

Cheers,

Matt
Attachments
image.jpeg
Custom LDR Motion Systems 5x10 table w/ rotary axis and scribe
Hypertherm Powermax85
Quincy 325 compressor
Ingersoll Rand D18IN refrigerated air dryer
Millermatic 251 MIG
Everlast PowerPro 256 TIG/stick/plasma w/ water cooler

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”