CopperPlus electrodes

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Railmen
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

CopperPlus electrodes

Post by Railmen »

Hey Jim, question about these new electrodes, and difference in cutting speeds?? Or any other setting??

I have a powermax 65

Thx Railmen
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: CopperPlus electrodes

Post by jimcolt »

No affect to any of the standard parameters. The Copper plus will run at any amperage, but work best with the shielded 45, 65 and 85 sets of consumables on materials 1/2" and thinner. The life improvement is great over the standard electrode....which is already the longest life in the industry for air plasma cutters. It has a special design that actually feeds the hafnium slug into the plasma plenum between the nozzle and the electrode as it wears.....2 to 2.5 x life is typical. On thicknesses over 1/2 inch the advantage is lower due to the higher arc voltage demands. They are a great choice for those that cut at fairly high duty cycles and high volume.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
grindergary
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by grindergary »

Jim,
Somewhere I thought I read that you need a different swirl ring if you use the copperplus electrodes with the 45 Amp fine cuts. If so, what part number do I need for these? I am running a PM105.

Thanks

Gary
4x8 Home made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
4x8 Home Router made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
Candcnc DHCTII Electronics
Hypertherm Powermax 105 machine torch
Sheetcam, Mach 3
Corel Draw 8, V Carve Pro
Miller CTS 280 Miller Mig
Redneck
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Redneck »

My experience with the copper plus electrodes has been disappointing to say the least. Cutting 16 ga crs. they last less than half as long as the regular electrodes. Terrible for misfires.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”